4.05.2011

a little bit of sunshine.

not the greatest weekend ever, i have to admit. friday's news hit me much harder than i had anticipated, and i had a hard time getting out of bed. i was just a puddle all weekend, and took it really easy. it gets better each day, and there are some things that are making me smile.

monday afternoon drinking
since we worked for about 8 days straight last week, my office was closed on monday. random three day weekends? i could get used to that. i finally managed to drag my butt out of the apartment and did my usual yoga/whole foods routine (omg, could i be any yuppier? i swear...) before meeting up with two of my buds from work. it's funny how after spending 18 hours a day in a room together for a week, i actually missed them - that's a sign of true love. a lunch date turned into a crosstown adventure as we met another friend over on the west side. it was GORGEOUS yesterday in the city, and we actually sat outside! i enjoyed a few champagne cocktails, because my middle name is classy, and then we hit up one of my long-time fave haunts, calle ocho, which hosts MOJITO MADNESS on mondays - $5 mojitos?? madness indeed. and as a mojito connoisseur, i daresay these are some of the best in the city. after starting pretty early, i called it a night by 8pm and was hungover by 11. perfection! i even managed to wake up and make it to yoga this morning.

madness, i say!

what a view. i love the upper west side. 


new shoes

i'm obsessed with these bad boys. they've been stuck in my head for months, and i finally broke down and nabbed a pair. i can't handle the cuteness with a rolled-up pair of skinny jeans, and i'm counting down the days til i can wear them with an adorable little sundress.

my bro
seems like 18 years ago i was in austin for sxsw (wasn't i going to do a recap or something?) and i don't feel like i've bragged enough about my handsome little bro. so i'll just show you what i mean.


he's the man.


more street art (austin edition)


here's to a less-crazy april. and to spring finally showing up! happy tuesday :)

No comments:

Post a Comment