2.14.2011

i am (NOT!) a valentine's day cliche.

today i am supposed to feel sorry for myself. i'm supposed to pine after some grand romantic gesture, and wish i had a man in my life to buy me a single-stem rose or a box of drugstore chocolates. now, i'm not totally opposed to valentine's day. in fact, i totally swooned over some of the aforementioned grand romantic gestures that i heard about from my friends.

but this is the first year in a loooooong time that i've been single for this particular holiday. and guess what? i am so totally ok with it! and it's pretty awesome. let me introduce you to my dates for the evening.



and let's not forget...


(via)

so yes, this clearly makes me a cliche. wine, (vegan! raw! made with avocados! and delicious!) chocolate pudding, and trashy tv? just call me bridget jones. but the difference is that i am totally content with this evening i have planned out. and tomorrow, i get to go to yoga in the morning, head to a job that i love, in a city that i love, with friends that i love. my life is not lacking in love... yes, it is lacking in men, but i am not missing love. and this reminds me of that every day.



more than anything, this day makes me excited for what's to come in the future. because while i can totally handle sad-sack single v-days for a couple of years, i can't wait to have the valentine that i deserve. 

besides, things could always be worse: i could be one of the girls on the bachelor. god help them all.

No comments:

Post a Comment