2.01.2011

oh, hello there.

funny story. so i started this blog, oh, like seven million years ago. and then life got in the way. and i don't mean errands and work and social stuff. i mean real, heavy, grown-up life stuff. and i couldn't bring myself to talk about it online. so i avoided and ignored and avoided some more. but throughout it, i kept a list of things i wanted to blog about, which tells me that i could be on to something.

so i'm trying this again. a completely new me than the me that blogged for the first time last april. and of course, now i'm facing more decisions that are forcing me to put my big girl pants on. but this time, imma blog about 'em.

so as a fresh start, how's this? i got some spam in my work email account yesterday. i know, scintillating, right? i must be the only one! but stick with me here. i opened it for some reason, and this was the message inside:

Subject line: For your information.
Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.
Mark Twain

timely, to say the least. so let's explore, shall we?

No comments:

Post a Comment